Welcome All! It's time to fasten your seat belts and get ready for this ride through Penn GSE!
"These are my personal views based on my experiences and do not necessarily reflect those of GSE.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Fall is Here!


Hello everyone,
I am so glad you could join me on another journey. Currently, I have the experience to see not only the weather changes regarding the new season but also how nature changes. As a Floridian, I am familiar with seeing palm trees year around. Often times the sign that fall. Overall, when leaves died the leaves changed from green directly to brown. However, in Philadelphia the hues of leaves varied widely and it is by far, gorgeous! I have never seen a tree entirely covered by red or yellow leaves and to me; I was amazed.


One of the best places to view this beautiful display is near the grassy areas in front of Van Pelt Library. The lawn is not only a great place to sit down and relax with friends or complete homework assignments but also has a wide array of trees that change colors. As noted in one of my previous posts I enjoy being outdoors. Likewise with this opportunity to bask in the audience of nature’s beauty could not be missed. As I laid area, it was not uncommon to see someone in a business suit collecting leaves off of the floor or students take group pictures next to the trees. In fact I took a few photos of the trees and have placed them below. Although, the pictures are beautiful, they do not compare to seeing them in person. With the Thanksgiving holiday quickly approaching, I would even like to collect a few leaves to show some of my friends and family who have not been in the northern states before.



Sidenote: In one of the trees along Locust Walk you will also find a Penn GSE Celebrating 100 years banner! It was exciting to see my school be celebrated by the entire Penn Community and I am grateful to share this 100 year anniversary with them.



No comments:

Post a Comment