Welcome All! It's time to fasten your seat belts and get ready for this ride through Penn GSE!
"These are my personal views based on my experiences and do not necessarily reflect those of GSE.

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Selfie Love

As you all may or may not know the Penn Graduate School of Education will have a new Dean this upcoming December. To celebrate her arrival to the school, she came to Penn on Thursday to take pictures around campus. One of the awesome parts about being a Graduate Assistant is that you are able to find out wonderful perks so guess who got to take pictures with the Dean? I did. Although there were other Graduate Assistant present in the pictures, I was so grateful to be able to be one of the first students to take a picture.

Prior to taking pictures with Pam, myself and three of the other Graduate Assistants also took pictures in the form of selfies. I have found that selfies allow you the benefit of remembering moments with those you care about and also allows you to participate in the shared memory because you are a part of the photo. Our photo is provided below. Don't we look amazing? Every time I look at that picture I start singing "We are family get up everybody and sing!" by Sister Sledge.


After taking group photos with Pam, I decided to ask a very important question to her. " Do you mind taking a selfie with us?" Ironically Pam agreed and she was very enthusiastic about it. As an amateur selfie photographer I took the same photo about 3 times but in the end we got the perfect shot. Below you will see a picture of Amanda, Felix, Alex, Zakiya, Pam (the new Dean), and I. After, hearing Pam agree to take a selfie with my I am now on a quest to document my time her in Philly and at Penn GSE through the process of taking selfies. I am very excited and I look forward to sharing my selfies with you in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment