Welcome All! It's time to fasten your seat belts and get ready for this ride through Penn GSE!
"These are my personal views based on my experiences and do not necessarily reflect those of GSE.

Saturday, November 29, 2014

It's Thanksgiving Time!

It’s Thanksgiving Week Gobble Gobble! This Thanksgiving I had the privilege of riding on an airplane for the first time by myself! Yay! To be honest, I was a little nervous at first just because I am used to the idea of having someone to travel with but I all went well overall. I must say the little three year old girl who sat behind me and sang “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star” “A, B, C” and “ Happy Birthday” multiple times made the trip interesting as well. Once we arrived in Fort Lauderdale I was welcomed with 82-degree weather which compared to the low 50’s in Philadelphia, was amazing!



Although Thanksgiving is meant for sharing a special time with the ones you love over a plate of delicious food, my Thanksgiving was slightly bittersweet. Why? After, the culmination of Thanksgiving there is only TWO WEEKS of fall semester classes remaining, which means final exams and final papers will be due. Currently, I am working on a final paper as we speak! As graduate student, I currently have two 20-page papers to write as well as preparing for two in class exams. Did bring my notes to study for these exams? Yes. Have I started? No. Unfortunately, I have not begun my work. It’s seems like schoolwork and family fun are not synonymous.


However, I do believe that every graduate student should find methods to relax. Since arriving at home, I have had the time to rejuvenate myself with those I love the most. Some of my friends did not have the opportunity to travel to their hometown but they did spend time with nearby friends from Penn. However you choose to celebrate the holidays, whether with friends, family, or you and a pet goldfish, make a decision to enjoy yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment