Welcome All! It's time to fasten your seat belts and get ready for this ride through Penn GSE!
"These are my personal views based on my experiences and do not necessarily reflect those of GSE.

Sunday, December 7, 2014

End of the Semester!

The end of the semester is finally upon us her at the Graduate School of Education. I would love to say that I am enthusiastic about this however the feeling is more bittersweet. Although I will be one step closer to graduating, I still feel like there is so much more I would love to continue to learn from my professors. Granted, all year classes are not present in my program, since classes run per semester, I will have to continue this journey with a new set of teachers.

Tips to making semester more successful
1.Prepare Early
2. Write an outline for papers and submit it for your teacher to critique prior to starting the actual paper
3. Have weekly study groups on classes that are more cumbersome
4. Have a support team of friends both near and far
5. Don’t worry or stress, it has horrible effects on the body
6. Create a study schedule that you will remain faithful to
7. Have events of relaxation scheduled every month to ensure you are taking care of yourself
8. Smile more

So currently, I am in the progress of preparing for two in-class exams happening this week; Quantitative Research Methods and Introduction to Statistics. With both exams happening in the same week my time has to be systematically scheduled for me prepare adequately. After those two exams, I have two term papers and then it is all over. Hello Christmas Break! With almost a month off for winter break, I believe I will be able to catch up on some much-needed rest and enjoying friends and family. Since, I am from Florida, this Christmas season will be filled with warm weather, which I love. So far, I haven't seen snow in Philadelphia but I'm positive that by January I will definitely experience snow for the first time. For now, I will bask in the fact, that South Florida usually reaches the low 60's which doesn't compare to the cold weather up here. I'll see you all in the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment