Welcome All! It's time to fasten your seat belts and get ready for this ride through Penn GSE!
"These are my personal views based on my experiences and do not necessarily reflect those of GSE.

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Planning for Spring Break:

My plans for Spring Break could include going on a cruise to the Barbados, taking a flight to Fort Lauderdale but in reality I will be here in Philadelphia working and looking for work. Although my Spring Break plans do not sound like much fun, it will still be quite relaxing. Why? For the most part, I get to plan my day and include as much sleep, movies, and spontaneous trips in between. As a graduate student the opportunity to sleep for an extended period of time is exciting for me, considering the fact that graduate work requires some levels of sacrifice. As the weekend quickly approaches, the idea of going to my current job and looking for my post graduate job sounds more and more relaxing as well.

The first day of spring will start on March 20th and guess what is the predicted weather forecast? Snow! By now in the state of Florida, where I was born and raised, I would be in sandals and a summer dress so this Philadelphia weather is a huge adjustment. However, I must say that since I have been up here I have gained a new appreciation for scarves, gloves, and winter coats. Previously, I wore scarves and gloves more for fashion and less for necessity. Now that I am here in Philadelphia, the idea of going outside with the wrong type of gear on is my worst nightmare.

This Thursday, there is an expected snow storm and I am unsure how this will affect classes. But in the case of classes being cancelled, I will get to start my Spring Break two days earlier. In past years, people have mentioned that Penn tends to stay open even during inclement weather. Hopefully, this time around they will be more merciful.
Happy Spring Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment