Welcome All! It's time to fasten your seat belts and get ready for this ride through Penn GSE!
"These are my personal views based on my experiences and do not necessarily reflect those of GSE.

Saturday, March 14, 2015

It’s Officially Spring Break:

“We’re Playing Basketball!” is the song that came to mind as I recollect some of the fun activities I have done, thus far, on my Spring Break. Although I been at Penn for the past seven months, I have yet to attend one of their sports events, until now. Wearing my Penn gear, which included a Penn sweater and matching pants, I wanted to support my team and show some school spirit. Ironically, the basketball game I was attending happened to be the last game of the season, so I ended up just making it. The Palestra is the basketball stadium where our home basketball games are held. It was amazing! The walls inside the stadium are covered with historical pictures and memorabilia from previous basketball games. One of my favorite parts was of course the food stations so that I could watch and eat all at the same time.

At the beginning of the game Penn’s basketball team was off to a great start and we were even ahead by a few points. However, by the end of the first quarter we were down by nearly 25 points. It was disheartening to see my team lose the game at the end of the night but I was still grateful to be a part of the experience. Throughout the night my attention was not only on the score board but also on the mascot. I was determined to get a picture with the Quaker Mascot but it seemed like every time something would happen. As the night concluded, I ended up walking into the corridor of the gymnasium and as soon as I was about to exit I saw him-the Penn Quaker Mascot! There was no time to hesitate, I briskly walked over and before you know it I had a selfie with Penn Quaker mascot. My night was complete and the smile that graced my face was a confirmation that the night was not only relaxing but also well worth it!

Happy Spring Break!


No comments:

Post a Comment